Imagine a dental treatment that is virtually invisible, removable, and free of metal, wires, and brackets. Sound too good to be true? Invisalign is an aligner system that is used to straighten teeth. It is an alternative to braces, allowing smooth and comfortable tooth movement.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of customized, transparent aligners designed to gradually straighten the teeth. If you opt for this procedure, you would not have to wear unsightly brackets and wires that would affect your appearance and make you conscious about your smile.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign is made from a biocompatible material, making it quite safe to use.
- The Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to remove them whenever you want to eat food or drink beverages.
- Invisalign does not require any sort of surgery or additional treatment to be done to your teeth.
- The aligners can be used to treat various types of orthodontic issues, such as overlapping of teeth, spacing between teeth, etc.
- The aligners can be removed while you brush and floss your teeth. It allows you to maintain good oral hygiene without any hassle.
- You do not have to worry about the appearance of your teeth, as Invisalign is nearly invisible when worn.
- The treatment duration required by Invisalign is less than that of braces.
What Is the Procedure Involved in Getting Invisalign?
When you visit our practice for the initial consultation, the dentist will visually examine your teeth and look for signs of malocclusion using x-rays and scans. Based on our observations, we will determine which type of orthodontic treatment suits you best and suggest it accordingly. If you want to go for Invisalign, we will take digital impressions of your mouth and send them to a dental laboratory for fabricating the aligners. Each set of aligners will be unique as it has to perfectly fit your teeth perfectly without any discomfort or irritation. Along with this, we will give you a set of replacement aligners every two weeks so that you have a new set every time you need to change them. You will have to wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours every day during the treatment period, which may last between 6-18 months, depending on the condition of your teeth and gums. During this period, we may suggest getting supplementary oral appliances if required.
How Do Invisident Aligners Work?
Invisalign works in a similar way as traditional braces because both use pressure to move the teeth into place. The only difference between them is that Invisalign uses an invisible force instead of metal wires or brackets that are visible on your teeth.
In Invisalign, the pressure applied by each set of aligners gradually moves your teeth into place over a span of two weeks until they reach their final positions.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (630) 978-9005 to have a consultation with Dr. Sun, and we will be happy to help.