Clear aligners have become the go-to solution for treating a malocclusion in recent times. They are excellent alternatives to dental braces and are known to be quite effective in treating different types of teeth misalignment issues. Also, their transparent nature makes it difficult for anyone to spot them, which helps you keep the treatment discreet.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is one of the most commonly used clear aligners. It is backed by state-of-the-art technology that helps the dentist scan the teeth, digitally align the teeth from both the jaws, determine the number of aligners required for the entire treatment period, and create a simulation of the movement of teeth to show the patient. Patients will have a clear idea about how their teeth will look at the end of the treatment even before it commences.
What is SureSmile?
SureSmile is an orthodontic solution that is similar to Invisalign. The aligners are fabricated using highly-advanced software, making them precise in terms of contour and effectiveness. Also, the aligners make anatomically correct movements of the teeth so that the results obtained are long-lasting. The treatment can be completed in a considerably short span of time, which makes it highly preferred, especially by teenagers.
What are the advantages of choosing clear aligners?
- Clear aligners are metal-free. This prevents the chances of enduring injuries due to sharp edges or corners, which is quite common in the case of dental braces.
- As the name suggests, clear aligners are made from a transparent plastic material. They stay under disguise during the treatment course, which prevents any embarrassment that you could go through.
- Since a groundbreaking technology help to create the aligners, they are fabricated to precision. Each set of aligners brings about a predetermined movement of the teeth.
- You need not compromise on your eating habits. You can eat anything you want, clean the teeth thoroughly, and put the aligners back on. This luxury isn’t available with dental braces.
- The treatment period involved is minimal.
- Clear aligners can be removed as and when required, such as while brushing the teeth, eating food, etc.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (630) 978-9005 to have a consultation with Dr. Sun, and we will be happy to help.