Posts for: September, 2016
What your dentist in Naperville, Illinois wants you to know about dental crowns
When you smile, do people notice your bulky, ugly metal fillings instead of your beautiful smile? Are you afraid to eat the foods you love because you think your teeth might break? Do you have a tooth that is cracked? If you answered yes to any of these questions, dental crowns are definitely the right choice for you! Dr. Joon Sun of White Eagle Family Dentistry in Naperville, Illinois wants to share her knowledge about why dental crowns are the right choice for you.
Today’s dental crowns restore full chewing function, fixing teeth that are worn down or broken, due to aging, trauma or decay. Today’s dental crowns are also cosmetically beautiful and can enhance your smile. Modern dental materials are used to create crowns that are natural-looking and strong, providing a practical, aesthetic addition to your smile.
Your dentist in Naperville, Illinois wants you to know dental crowns are a stronger option than fillings. A dental crown covers the entire visible surface of your tooth, encasing it in a protective shield.
Dental crowns are a great solution to fix teeth that are:
- Broken or damaged from trauma or decay
- Excessively worn down from aging or overuse
- Traumatized and injured from a poorly aligned bite
- Treated with a root canal
Many people choose dental crowns to replace old, bulky metal fillings. That’s because dental crowns are more cosmetically beautiful than fillings and can last a long time with proper care and maintenance. Your dentist in Naperville, Illinois can also use dental crowns to cosmetically correct the alignment of rotated or twisted teeth.
Your dentist in Naperville, Illinois offers a full range of dental materials for your crown. Consider:
- A full gold crown which is the strongest crown; this crown is usually placed on back teeth where you need biting strength
- A porcelain-fused-to-metal crown which has both strength and beauty, suitable for any location in the mouth
- A full porcelain crown which is the most beautiful and natural-looking; porcelain reflects light, just like your natural teeth. This crown is perfect for teeth that are visible when you smile.
If you want your smile to be strong and beautiful, dental crowns are right for you! Dental crowns are an investment, so you need the skills of an expert. Call Dr. Joon Sun of White Eagle Family Dentistry in Naperville, Illinois and find out more about dental crowns. Call today and get ready for your new smile!